Saturday, August 9, 2008

GERMAN RECORD !!!


Today I woke up with a mixed feeling. I was full of energy but I must admit I was quite nervous.
At 10am we left from Freedive Dahab Office to Blue Hole and the condition on the spot was quite good.
Even my family arrived to watch my attempt.
I went into the water and with every second in the water I lost the feeling of beeing nervous.

I took my time to relax and when I felt right I gave Lotta the signal to start the Countdown (4min)
On Official Top I started my dive down to 71m. Again the fight against the bouyance. I was so used to 4kg weight. Now I doved with only 2kg. I started falling and calmness overcome my whole body. I could feel that dive respond - I could feel the blood shift. After about 30-35m I filled my mouth with air to equaliaze below the point where my lung is compressed to RV.
Down at 71m I took the TAG without a problem. The way back felt very good and when I saw Natalie I knew that the dive was going to be perfect.
Back at the surface....Proper surface protocol....waiting until the white card....THEN CHEERING :-) NEW GERMAN RECORD.........The old german record made by Tom Sietas exaclty 4 Years before (09/08/2004).
After this dive I decided to rest for 1 hour and try for another record in "Free Immersion".
On that dive I doved down to 76m but I gave the surface protocol to the saftey diver instead giving it to the Judge. The rules say that it is not a record because of failing of the protocol.
But it was one of the best dives I´ve ever had. I felt so relaxed. The divetime was 3:24 min and I enjoyed every second of that dive - even when it was no record. After the dive I realised that I injured my foot on the robe...It´s the 2008 scar...I have one from 2006 aswell :-)

In the end I can say that I reached my main goal. 6 Weeks of training...6 Weeks of Up´s and Down´s...6 Weeks of emotions. I was a long journey. Now I feel very tired but on the other hand very released.
Tonight we´re gonna celebrate :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To be allowed to be really very beautiful it with your record also thereby. We all were also very nervously to finally the rejoicing broke out. Do not hope it was the last record attempt at which we with you to be pleased could. Greeting after Dahab Rainer