Thursday, November 20, 2008

Judge in Berlin

Last Saterday (15.11.08) I was invited to the 11th Night of Apnea in Berlin. Not as a athlete - I was invited as a judge.
For me it was to first time working as a judge and I was quite nervous in the beginnig.
When I arrived at the pool many memories from the past came to my mind.
The first time I was here was at the 2nd Night of Apnea and I was 13 years old...the youngest competitor of the world. Strange...it´s been already 9 years.

I was judging with Christoph Leschinski and Hans Pütz. At the Static Part of the Competition they took me into the middle to see how I was doing. My first athlete was Wolle Neugebauer and a static attempt.
Everything went very good. I just had to disqualify one person because of a wrong surface protocol. The dynamic competiton was also very good and all athletes at my lane did a great performance. It was a very nice and interesting weekend.

1 comment:

martin_gk said...

No worries, Andy. You did great! Very welcome to come back to Berlin at any time. As an athlete or as a judge... now you can choose...